Discover the confidence that comes with your best smile. Call to set up an appointment today!
The funny thing about wisdom teeth is that most people have them, or at least one, and most people need to have them removed, but they can actually be an asset to your teeth family if they are properly aligned and healthy. It’s true that most of the time, wisdom teeth are out of line or impacted, making them a menace, but in some cases, they are safe and helpful!
Do you have wisdom teeth or wonder if you do? Give us a call or use the link below to schedule your appointment now!
Why do wisdom teeth need to be removed?
Although wisdom teeth can be helpful by sometimes adding another set of molars, this is typically not the case. When they are present, wisdom teeth grow in the very back of your mouth, closest to your throat. It is typical to have all four wisdom teeth, but some people only have one or two. In some rarer cases, patients don’t have any wisdom teeth at all.
The reasons why wisdom teeth usually need to be removed are because they are impacted or negatively affecting your other teeth. Impacted teeth are those that can’t fully erupt from the gums. Wisdom teeth, especially the lowers. They are also dangerous when they cause damage to other teeth, resulting in mouth pain and bite problems.
What are recovery tips after
Wisdom Teeth Removal?
- Blood clots are a good thing
- Your cheeks and mouth will be swollen for about three days
- You might have stitches that need to be removed by your dentist after about a week
- Your jaw may be stiff and sore
- Don’t drink from a straw to avoid disrupting your blood clotting
- Eat soft foods starting the next day
- Take it easy until you start to feel more normal
- Meet with your dentist to follow-up
Don’t wait to find out what wisdom teeth dental care you need, visit Platinum Dental Care in Sandy today!